Saturday, August 27, 2005

Good Bye Tiffy!

Thank you for everything you gave me: joy. I don't think any kind of huge crisis happened between us or to any of us, and hence our friendship is not built on critical moments. Perhaps this is why I don't have any memories of any particular events; instead, what I have is a beautiful mosaic of particular moments: remember what I told you in chem about your skirt? remember the way you sleep on the bus? remember the way you play with your sushi? remember the things I've said about your body? remember the way you sleep at the concert? remember our various dinner parties? outrageous things indeed! But the commonality between all of these things is one thing: laughter. You are truly my sunshine because we smile and laugh everytime we see each other; it is never an empty laughter, like how one laughs at a comedy show and then is suddenly conscious of one's emptiness; it is a serenade truly from the heart. I am going to miss you a lot, my dearest friend, for I must go "out there" and search for my sunshine again. As much as you have given me comfort, warmth and joy, I hope I have given you the same.

I can recall nothing said by you but three words: "No, only you." (I don't want to de-contextualize this for misunderstanding: this is from one of our sushi meetings - I have forgotten which one exactly, but you were playing with your food (and indirectly also mine) and I asked you if you do that with all your friends, and you said those words.) And it is certainly odd that I simply cannot recall other specific speeches or words. What I do remember is your voice - in G major and always in Mozartian harmonies (although oddly enough, I would also compare your voice to Beethoven's Tenth Violin Sonata, the final movement). It is the sweetest melody I have ever heard, and that I shall never forget.

Good Bye Tiffy!...until we meet again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed that's Johnson's style of getting comfort and happiness from a friend Tiff. I admire that style, honestly. To add to that, as Tiff will be leaving, I'm home, pal :)

Kenneth

7:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home